- Once you have registered your company or business, secured a business name, and obtained the necessary documentation, you can apply for a business certificate/permit at any County Government offices in Kenya.
- The business permit is obtained from the County Government in whose jurisdiction it operates.
- There are fees charged for registering a business but which vary depending on the number of employees.
- The business permit is renewed on annual basis.
- Business Name
- Postal Address of the Business.
- Land zone and plot number
- Business physical address
- Activity code for the business
- Number of employees
- Personal ID name
- Details of whoever is obtaining the permit
Need for the Document
A Single Business Permit (SBP) is required for the smooth operation of any business in Kenya.
The permit is important in ensuring that a business complies with the established rules for that specific type of a business.
The procedure for obtaining a business permit is the same but the cost might vary depending on the size, type, and location of the business.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- Required for loan approval
- Required to obtain tenders from the Government and Institutions.