Roads ,Public Works ,Lands & Energy
- CEC Member
- Two Chief Officers
- Roads and Public works
- Lands and physical planning
- Housing and urban development and energy
Strategic Objectives of the Department
- Promote production and manufacturing of systems, tools, machines, and equipment for roads, public works, infrastructure and energy.
- Formulation,implementation and monitoring of legislation, regulations and policies in the transport & public works sector.
- Provide public infrastructure buildings designs and construction supervision services to County Departments
- To enforce public works and buildings safety and health standards in compliance with County and National law.
- To promote innovative, environmentally friendly, durable and cost-effective construction technologies, materials and knowledge (practices) in the County.
- To provide and promote public lighting initiatives in partnership with property owners and businesses and National Government MDAs.
- To create and manage County works development and maintenance units comprising movable assets and staff to undertake regular and emergency works.
- To maintain County roads, pavements, parks and buildings.
- To facilitate the development of construction professionals and businesses practicing in the County.
- Establish roads user regulations and standards to enforce the safety of the users and durability of the infrastructure and
- Promote and provide public spaces lighting to extend the working and business hours and enhance the security of the properties and customers.
Roads and public works
- Promote production and manufacturing of systems, tools, machines and equipment for roads, public works, infrastructure and energy.
- Providing quality mechanical transport and plants services to enhance development and maintenance of roads and other related infrastructural works
- Construct, maintain and manage county roads networks
- Design, develop and maintain infrastructure through quality public works services to all County Government entities and the general public.
- Develop, rehabilitate and maintain services specific to stormwater management systems in built-up areas.
- Develop and maintain technical and quality audit for infrastructure, building and other related public works in the County.
- To maintain and rehabilitate the existing roads to motorable state and improve their quality assurance throughout the year.
- To upgrade and expand the road network
- Provide Street lighting and parking areas
- Public road transport on licensing of public service vehicle operations.
- Regulate parking within the County and
- Construction of both motorable and footbridges bridges
- Controlling reserves for County roads and access to roadside development and
- Control of axle loads on County roads.
- Implementing road policies concerning County roads.
- Ensuring that the quality of County road works is per nationally set standards
- Collect and collate all such data related to the use of County roads as may be necessary for efficient planning
- Monitoring and evaluating the use of County roads and
- Liaising and coordinating with other authorities in planning and operations concerning County roads.
Physical Planning, Energy and Urban Development
- Promote production and manufacturing of systems, tools, machines and equipment for roads, public works, infrastructure and energy
- Provide services to other departments in design, documentation and project implementation
- Facilitate adequate provision of cost-effective infrastructure, including government buildings and other public works
- Electricity & gas reticulation and energy regulation
- Identification of renewable energy sites for development
- Fuel Energy Exploration and Exploitation
- Provide and enabling framework for the efficient and sustainable production, distribution and marketing of alternative sources of energy
- Promote the use of municipal waste for energy production
- Promote the development of appropriate local capacity for the manufacture, installation, maintenance and operation of essential renewable technologies such as bio-digesters solar systems and hydro turbines.
- Promote international co-operation on programmes focusing on renewable energy sources
- Harness opportunities offered mechanisms to promote the development and exploitation of renewable energy sources
- Promote the utilization of renewable energy sources for either power generation or transportation.
- Provide coordinated policy implementation, enforcement and capacity building through integrated programs for sustainable management and utilization of natural resources for the County's development
- Designing rural electrification programme
- Control of outdoor advertising activities (Solar/ Green Energy)
- Finalization of surveying of administrative boundaries within the counties
- Determination of property boundaries
- Solving of property boundary disputes
- Showing of property boundaries
- Ensuring fencing and development of properties
- Land survey and mapping
- Housing and
- Street light installation & services
Located near NAWASCO(Nanyuki Water and Sewerage Company),
Few meters from the Nanyuki Police Station,
P.O Box 1271-10400,
Nanyuki Town, Kenya.